James D. Noteware |
Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Noteware founded Noteware Development to focus on the creation of exciting mid-priced, mixed-use residential condominium communities in strategic areas of rapidly growing metropolitan areas of the United States. Prior to Noteware Development, he:
- Served for ten years as Chairman and CEO of MAXXAM Property Company, the real estate investment and development organization of MAXXAM, Inc., an American Exchange traded Fortune 500 Company. His responsibilities included leadership of the company's:
- Extensive portfolio of commercial properties;
- Master planned residential and resort communities, which included Fountain Hills, AZ; The Mirada, Rancho Mirage, CA and Palmas Del Mar, Puerto Rico among others.
- Sam Houston Race Park, for which his development team won the 1994 Legacy Award for "Development of the Year" from the Houston Business Journal.
- Managed the start-up and turn-around of major real estate organizations, including:
- The real estate operations of the National Capital Revitalization Corporation in Washington, D.C., at the request of Mayor Anthony Williams and with encouragement from the White House.
- Serving as President of RM Crowe Company, the owner and operator of over six million square feet of office and retail space throughout Texas.
- Created the real estate practices as National Director of Real Estate in the New York headquarters of both Price Waterhouse and Levanthol & Horwath. He was recognized as Price Waterhouse's "Real Estate Practitioner of the Year" in 1992.